Protecting the name of your business or products is important – so important in fact that if you don't take steps to protect your name, others may try to take advantage of you or force you to change your name. You've spent a lot of money on establishing and maintaining the goodwill and marketing of your business. If you were forced to change your name, it would be catastrophic.
A trademark is an important business asset and should be protected. Trademark registration is not limited to business names, but can also cover slogans, logos, designs, and even the unique shape of a product.
Davidson Lawyers has registered trademark agents who can assist you in many trademark matters, including:
- Preparing an opinion on the strength of your trademarks
- Preparing an application for registration
- Defending a trademark
- Protecting a trademark against expungement by the Registrar
- Suing others for infringement
- Expunging or limiting other registered trademarks
- Proper use of a trademark
- "Passing off" claims
- Federal Court appearances